upgrading to Debian 5.0

Alex Mestiashvili alexander.mestiashvili at biotec.tu-dresden.de
Thu Feb 26 01:33:07 CST 2009

Jared wrote:
> Has anyone tried upgrading to lenny from an etch server?  I'm about to do
> this on a remotely hosted server tomorrow night, and was wondering if there
> are any gotchas to watch out for, particularly fatal stuff like network,
> disk, or kernel issues.  Given that I won't have physical access to the
> server, my recovery options will be somewhat limited if things break badly.
>
> So, any experience with this, good or bad?  :-)
>
> --
> Jared

Hi ,

I've done this for 7+ poweredge 1950 , everything was just fine ,
but anyway , it will not hurt to read release-notes
http://debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/index.en.html
also check if firmware for NetXtreme II BCM5708 (bnx2) is installed , I
had some fun in etch with it .
also not bad idea is to change device names in fstab and grub to UUID .

Alex