Dell 2850 / Perc 4e/Di Monitoring with OMSA 5.5

Jeff jlar310 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:36:57 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Christoph Kautz <kautzy at solution-x.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hm, really nobody who managed to monitor a perc 4e/di with omsa and kernel 2.6.25 or newer? ;(

Well, Dell is rather specific about which flavors of Linux it
supports. And I don't think any of them have such recent kernels.
Enterprise Linux tends to lag a little in the interest of stability. I
would say you are definitely in "unsupported" territory. While there
are occasionally good reasons to be on the cutting edge with
production servers, most of us tend to stick to the tried and true
such as RHEL/CentOS/SLES

Jeff