IT assistant - Software updates

Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com
Wed Feb 25 10:36:35 CST 2009

Did you check the box - generate trusted key. I think this is present
during the task creation.
The linux machines need this check box to be checked ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Jamie Brooks
Sent: Mittwoch, 25. Februar 2009 17:22
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: IT assistant - Software updates

I am trying to update my 30 Poweredge 2950 servers. I have got them all
displaying in ITAssistant and copied all the updates from the online
repository to the IT Assistant repository. I assume i then go to tasks
and create a software update task for them.
When the task runs it fails and i get this message:

The task failed for the target device
File deploy command failed to execute with error message: The server's
host key is not cached in the registry. The system may not be the same.

My IT assistant is on a Windows XP machine and my Servers run centos5.

I don't know where the host key would be located in Windows

Can anyone help
Thanks
Jamie

This email is sent on behalf of Cromwell Business Systems Ltd. and is
strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).  It may
contain personal and confidential information and as such may be
protected by the Data Protection Act 1998.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email you must: (i) not
disclose, copy or distribute its contents to any other person nor use
its contents in any way or you may be acting unlawfully;  (ii) contact
Cromwell Business Systems immediately on +44 (0)1353 650900 quoting the
name of the sender and the addressee then delete it from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed within this email are those of the
author, and do not necessarily represent those of Cromwell Business
Systems.

Cromwell Business Systems have scanned this email for viruses but does
not accept any responsibility once this email has been transmitted.  You
should scan attachments (if any) for viruses.

Cromwell Business Systems Ltd is Registered in England and Wales No.
4677397. The registered office is King's View House. 3 Bartholomew's
Walk, Cambridgeshire Business Park, Ely, Cambs CB7 4EA.