CentOS 5.2 and OMSA

Mark Paschke mark at m5media.net
Sat Feb 21 11:03:22 CST 2009

hello,

I have been trying to get OMSA 5.5 to work on my centOS 5.2 box with
cpanel installed, the login just keeps getting rejected.  Although Cent
is unsupported, we 'tricked' the installer into thinking it's a red hat
box.  I have the 32 bit PAM libraries installed as far as I know.  Here
is the output from /var/log/secure when trying to login to the OMSA
interface:

Feb 21 10:48:47 media2 dsm_om_connsvc32d: PAM unable to
dlopen(/lib/security/pam_hulk.so)
Feb 21 10:48:47 media2 dsm_om_connsvc32d: PAM [error:
/lib/security/pam_hulk.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory]
Feb 21 10:48:47 media2 dsm_om_connsvc32d: PAM adding faulty module:
/lib/security/pam_hulk.so

This 'pam_hulk.so' package seems to be the problem, although it is
neither supplied by redhat nor Dell?  There is a cpanel brute force
login protector program called cPHulk - that is the only thing I can
think of that is related...

Here is the results of a 'rpm -qa --qf
"%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}\n" | grep pam'

pam_passwdqc-1.0.2-1.2.2.x86_64
pam-devel-0.99.6.2-3.27.el5.i386
pam_ccreds-3-5.i386
pam_krb5-2.2.14-1.el5_2.1.i386