cannot install lenny amd64 on 2950

christian.peper at kpn.com christian.peper at kpn.com
Thu Feb 19 02:32:41 CST 2009

Ah yes, I've had that on the PE2950, where the Dell virtual media
devices add additional boot devices and mess up device enumeration.

We've fixed that by installing using the option 'nousbstorage' on Red
Hat, but I'm not sure if Debian will know about that option.

Otherwise, simply poke around in the grub loader
Grub>root hd(0,0)
Or
Grub>root hd(1,0)

If it finds root environment, your set. Edit fstab using the device
you've just found and reboot. This should be fairly straight forward
from a stnd Linux rescue mode.

Chris.