cannot install lenny amd64 on 2950

ronreg at mtholyoke.edu ronreg at mtholyoke.edu
Wed Feb 18 16:45:40 CST 2009

It's too late today to continue working on this, but I may have a clue:

I need to pop a USB stick in to load the broadcom firmware bits during
install.  That means Lenny gets the sd_ numbering shifted, and I need to
boot w/ Knoppix to edit fstab and grub's menu.lst.  No problem.

But my Knoppix's grub can't deal w/ ext3 having 256 byte inodes.  I
think this is my problem.  Hopefully I can iron this out tomorrow.

-Ron-

2009-02-18_11:13:28-0500 ronreg at mtholyoke.edu: