OMSA Cent OS 5.2 and Cpanel

Mark Paschke mark at m5media.net
Wed Feb 18 11:34:43 CST 2009

Hello,

I successfully got OMSA 5.5 running on a CENT OS 5.2 server using this link:

http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/OMSA_5.5/#yum

an error or two on install but it seems to be running.

Problem is that I can get to the GUI for the software ->
https://hostname:1311, but the root user and pass don't seem to work, it
just says failed login over and over again.

I found a very similar problem with another person using OMSA, Cent, and
cpanel on the same box (I am using cpanel).

Has anyone encountered or have a solution to this problem?  Maybe some
user needs to be added to the wheel group?

regards,
mark