debian 4.0 on poweredge 2950

AndydnA andydna at andydna.net
Wed Feb 18 10:38:28 CST 2009

YES! That workaround work! :)

I have had many problems with Debian and Xen with Broadcom embedded NIC.
The Broadcom embedded NIC doesn't work at all (zero received/
transmitted packets) with the Xen Kernel and the pe1950 and pe2950
server.
The problem is not the Broadcom NIC, but the DELL management function.
I hate this function! I spent one week and hundred coffee mug for find
the follow work around! :)
You can search for: "How to disable the management function on
Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 NIC" at xensource.

http://kb.xensource.com/entry.jspa?externalID=66

 From 2005 and after the workaround above, the Broadcom NIC on all my
DELL servers, that are running Xen 3, are working without any network
problem! :)

AndydnA