firmware upgrade on solaris :-)

Brian McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Tue Feb 17 09:10:16 CST 2009

I've been on SunOS/Solaris for almost two decades and currently run it on a
mix of Dell and IBM iron and I have to agree, you're not going to do the
updates for within Solaris!

A word of warning...  I've seen instances where booting my Solaris boxes
from a Windows drive has killed the boot loader!!!  As painful as it was in
the beginning, I put up a Linux diskless boot server and can now boot any of
my clients via DHCP to a remote install of RedHat, just for doing things
like testing and updates!  It tends to work very well!

-brian