Using dev-mapper-multipath instead of Powerpath

Sid Young Sidney.Young at globalx.com.au
Mon Feb 16 20:00:13 CST 2009

G'Day all,

We have switched to using dev-mapper-multipath and disabled the emc
power path on a couple of 2950 RHEL server, does anyone know if this
actually  frees up our licenses to allow more devices to connect to our
EMC CX3-10 SAN? If we have 4 licenses, can we now add more machines?

Sid Young

IT Systems Engineer

General Notice and Disclaimer:
GXS, Access Business Information, UrbisPro, RealtyPro, Webmap, SearchAus, Inspex, Aussearch, OnlineLegal, Open Practice and OP Solutions are wholly owned entities of GlobalX Information Services Pty Ltd (GIS) ABN 00 073 436 414. GIS believes that the information contained in this document is accurate when issued. However, e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore GIS does not warrant that such information is accurate, reliable, complete or up to date, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all liability of GIS and its Associates for any loss or damage suffered by any person by reason of the use by that person of, or their reliance on, any information contained in this document or any error or defect in this document, whether arising from the negligence of GIS or its Associates or otherwise.

Confidential Communication:
Should this email contain confidential within the subject line, then this e-mail message and any attachments contain copyright material of GIS and/or information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact GIS immediately by return e-mail or by telephone on 1300 362 585 or +61 2 9429 8900. In this case, you must not read, print, disseminate, copy, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any of the accompanying attachments; and you must destroy all copies of this e-mail message. This notice should not be removed.