PERC5/i monitoring on OpenSUSE 11.1...

Tino Schwarze linux-poweredge.lists at tisc.de
Sat Feb 14 06:54:13 CST 2009

Hi there,

I've recently upgraded a server to OpenSUSE 11.1. I figured that OMSA
does not support RAID monitoring even though basic system monitoring
(temperature etc.) works fine.

Now I went the "monitor via MegaRAID Storage Manager" route - and
failed. It looks like it is currently impossible to get ANY monitoring
of a PERC5/i with OpenSUSE 11.1. I tried MegaCli - no adapters found.

# modinfo megaraid_sas
filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.27.7-9-default/kernel/drivers/scsi/megaraid/megaraid_sas.ko
author:         megaraidlinux at lsi.com
version:        00.00.04.01
license:        GPL

(Newest dkms module available from OMSA repos is v00.00.03.21 and it
doesn't build on OpenSUSE 11.0 either.)

Does anybody monitor a PERC5/i using the LSI tools and has some clue on
where to look next?

Thanks,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de