Basic Monitoring of a PowerEdge SC440

Tino Schwarze linux-poweredge.lists at tisc.de
Fri Feb 13 09:40:15 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 03:19:25PM -0000, Patrick_Fischer at dell.com wrote:
> The SC440SC is mostly cheaper than every client.
> It is the smallest "server" we sell.

BTW: I was recently impressed by our sales rep. I wanted two servers as
replacements for our really old firewalls. I required hardware
redundancy (hotswap drives and power supplies), but they actually
need barely any processing power nor memory (one of the old machines was
a Pentium III 800 with 512 Megs or so, basically idle most of the time).
He managed to build us a system configuration based on the R300 with
el-cheapo Celerons and small disks in them for less than 1.000 Euros per
system (including advanced support).

Always talk to your sales rep before ordering - there's a lot more than
you can see on the web site and in the online shop! And it's cheaper
that way, too.

Bye,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de