Basic Monitoring of a PowerEdge SC440

Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com
Fri Feb 13 09:19:25 CST 2009

The SC440SC is mostly cheaper than every client.
It is the smallest "server" we sell.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Peachey [mailto:mike.peachey at jennic.com]
Sent: Freitag, 13. Februar 2009 16:13
To: Fischer, Patrick
Cc: kevin at indigospring.co.uk; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Basic Monitoring of a PowerEdge SC440

Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com wrote:
> SC = small Configuration
>
> Some has an BMC with IPMI, think the 1600 SC and 1800 SC but the
> others....... - no hot plug disks, no redundant PSU's, no management
>
> Diag Led's and beep codes are all in the 440SC.

Well, I appreciate the responses, but am truly gob smacked that Dell
could release a server, and call it a server, without the ability to
read temperature sensors. I wouldn't be able to find a desktop, let
alone a server, in this whole company that doesn't have that ability.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com