Basic Monitoring of a PowerEdge SC440

Kevin Davidson kevin at indigospring.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 08:43:27 CST 2009

On 13 Feb 2009, at 12:34, Mike Peachey wrote:

> I currently own a PowerEdge SC440 and it is running Slackware Linux
> on a
> 2.6 kernel (for reasons of security, stability, speed, resource usage
> etc etc).

Hoping someone can correct me, but I think you're SOL. OMSA does not
support most of the SC series - they're cheap, budget hardware(!)
I support an SC440 and have never got lm_sensors or IPMI to work
(using OpenSUSE 10.2 if it matters - due to be upgraded to 11.1
sometime soon). The fans, temperatures and case intrusion data do show
up in the BIOS.

Kevin Davidson
Technical Director

t 0870 745 4001