PE 1400 installing Ubuntu 8.10

Greg Beat gregory.beat at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 08:42:49 CST 2009

I documented the steps that I used for installing Ubuntu 8.10 on a Dell PowerEdge 1400.
The server seems to be working fine with LAMP and WordPress.

The steps can be found on the Ubuntu web forum under the Dell Ubuntu Support category

3 warnings remain during kernel (2.6.27.7) starting and loading.

MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
agpgart-serverworks -- regarding aperture size (Assume regarding Ethernet ports)
agpgart-serverworks -- regarding aperture size

Any insight into best approach to address the remaining warnings appreciated.

g. beat