Extremely slow write speeds to disk : FreeBSD 7.1 and Dell SAS 6/iR Adapter

Bradley Radjoo Bradley.Radjoo at is.co.za
Tue Feb 10 08:46:38 CST 2009

Greetings,

Please can you assist.

I have attempted most of the popular BSD Variants such as NetBSD, Open
BSD, FreeBSD...
The only distrubution that seems to work on the is Dell SAS 6/iR Adapter
is FreeBSD 7.1
Firmware version & date : 9/29/2008	00.25.47.00

But the issue is that writing to disk is extremely slow...i.e. 14Mb per
second....

If I install any other linux distribution, like CentOS, write speek is
the way it should be..it averages around 190Mb+ per second

I was hoping if it were at all possible for you to assist me in with a
later RAID Controller Driver for the SAS 6/iR Adapter

This is on a Dell PowerEdge R300 Server.
BIOS Version 1.3.0
Running Raid 1

Kind Regards,

Bradley

Please note: This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as displayed at the following link http://www.is.co.za/legal/E-mail+Confidentiality+Notice+and+Disclaimer.htm. Should you not have Web access, send a mail to disclaimers at is.co.za and a copy will be emailed to you.