Dell OMSA repository setup errors

Mukarram Syed muksyed at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 6 17:57:57 CST 2009

Yeah Jeff.
But I don't see a solution to this problem.

Got this email from christian.pepper at kpn.com on 1/28/2009:

>IMHO this says the cpio command can't read a file, not that the cpio can't
be found. Check the parameter to cpio...

>BTW, I had similar issues with Oracle Linux 4u5 and had to tweak the
installer to allow for some additional OS strings. I read >the log file and
resolved issues mentioned there one by one until it worked. That is, the
install worked fine, but the system >wouldn't start properly.

>Chris.

I don't know what parameter to check for cpio.
It's installed from the RPM: dell-omsa-repository-2-4.noarch.rpm
I don't think I could open the RPM and check the cpio parameter in there.

Thanks

# mukarram