CentOS 5.2 final and OMSA

Peter M. Abraham peter.abraham at dynamicnet.net
Tue Feb 3 12:28:09 CST 2009

Greetings:

When I saw the question asked I rejoiced because we were having similar
problems on a CentOS 5.2, 64-bit Dell PowerEdge 1950 system.

But Jeffrey_L_Mendoza at Dell.com got me to also try the output, and what I saw
was that a part was not installing stating "dell-omsa-repository-2-5" was
newer.

So on a hunch, I removed "dell-omsa-repository-2-5" with "rpm -ev
dell-omsa-repository-2-5" and then re-ran the wget et al bash command with
no errors, and then was able to proceed.

I'm passing this along in case this helps out.

Thank you.

Peter M. Abraham, Chief Steward
Dynamic Net, Inc. and We Manage Servers
13 Cowpath