DRAC firmware source code - update 2

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Mon Feb 2 18:26:11 CST 2009

Hi everyone,

I just heard back from another account manager at Dell Australia, and
apparently the firmware source package doesn't exist!

He said the reason they've taken so long to get back to me was because
my message had gone through a number of teams, eventually being
escalated to Dell's global engineering team, who said that they don't
have any source code that can be made available.

It seems that (as far as the Australian support team can tell) the SKU
number has been discontinued, and the part numbers (media kit, etc.)
don't exist.

So if anyone out there working for Dell knows how to get hold of this
source code, it'd be great if you could let me know how :-)
(Alternatively my requests have been going through Daniel Corney, and
the account manager who contacted me just now said his name was Rolf I
think - didn't get his surname.  So perhaps letting them know where to
find it might be better!)

Cheers,
Adam.