Linux-PowerEdge Digest, Vol 49, Issue 52

Michael_Christensen2 at Dell.com Michael_Christensen2 at Dell.com
Tue Sep 30 01:15:00 CDT 2008

Sorry Adam, but that's a no-go. See link for all possible reconfigure
options for the perc's

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/5.4/en/omss_ug/h
tml/vdmgmt.html#1233750

//Michael

   2. Reconfigure RAID6 to RAID10 on PERC6? (Adam Huffman)
------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:22:11 +0100
From: Adam Huffman <bloch at verdurin.com>
Subject: Reconfigure RAID6 to RAID10 on PERC6?
To: linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com

I have a RAID6 array on a new 2950.  After running some performance
tests, I'd like to try RAID10.  The PERC6 documentation states that
"reconfiguration" between different RAID levels is possible and there's
an OMSA command to do this.

However, when I try:

omconfig storage vdisk action=reconfigure controller=0 vdisk=0 raid=r10
pdisk=0:0:0,0:0:1,0:0:2,0:0:3

I receive the error message:

Unsupported RAID value

The usage message for this command is:

action=reconfigure
    Required parameters are:
        controller=id
        vdisk=id
        raid=<c | r0 | r1 | r1c | r5 | r10>
        size=<size>
        pdisk=<PDISKID,PDISKID,.....>
    where PDISKID=<connector:enclosureID:portID | connector:targetID>
changes RAID level of a virtual disk or expand the virtual disk by
adding new physical disks.

Should this be possible in OMSA or will I have to do it via Ctrl-R and
re-install?  The current installation is Centos 5.2 x86_64 with 4 x
146GB SAS disks.

Adam