PERC 6i and VMWare ESXi

Elazar Broad elazar at hushmail.com
Mon Sep 29 13:33:35 CDT 2008

Hi,
 I have a PowerEdge 1800 running VMWare ESXi 3.5, PERC6i with 2 x
WD 640's in a RAID 1. The machine has been running fine for about a
month or so. Yesterday, after restarting the server, VMWare has
trouble seeing my virtual machines(it can see the datastore though)
and none of them will start. A quick look at syslog shows the
following entry:

megasas: MFI FW status 0x19

megaraid_sas.h shows 0x19 as MFI_STAT_LD_LBA_OUT_OF_RANGE. My guess
is that VMWare is attempting to read addresses beyond the upper
partition boundary. Does anyone have any experience with this, or
has ever experienced this issue? Is there a way to capture the scsi
packets and take a look at the addresses?

Thanks,
 Elazar

--
Click to find moving companies, movers, van lines,  and auto transport services. Low prices.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4epKatXsBcFFtoA3NI6PdoS6e4cDAqoNxysS0090KAIHQQzn/