omconfig and "Operation disabled"

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Mon Sep 29 10:41:54 CDT 2008

The part I'm not getting is _why_ we want to import a foreign config from
a recycled hot spare disk.  Isn't whatever config is on it suspect at this
point?  I would think clearing it and then reassigning as hot spare would
be the way to go.  But all my PERC experience is with earlier controllers
(both aacraid and megaraid).  I'd like to understand before I find myself
in this situation.