old 2450 raid question

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Thu Sep 25 11:24:50 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 09:08:23AM -0700, Paul A wrote:
> Turns out that after a reboot the system is fine. I checked the disks/raid
> and physically there is no problems. Not sure if it could have been due to
> the system upgrade, something to do with the raid controller driver.

What kind of RAID card is in the system?  I have experienced the same
exact symptoms with a 2450 + PERC3di.  Just would freeze up essentially
and need to rebooted after which everything would work fine for a
while.  This was no way to run a server so I pulled the PERC and am
just usin the on-board SCSI + software RAID and everyhing is working
great now.

Did give the PERC3 a fighting chance though with latest BIOS, drivers,
etc... nothing seemed to help.

Ray