Perc6/i - Linux - How to enable Disk Cache Policy

Jeff Macfarland jmacfarland at nexatech.com
Wed Sep 24 11:27:29 CDT 2008

No rebuild is necessary to change any sort of caching params. (Below is
from a Perc5i. Maybe it's similar?)

[root at m root]# MegaCli64 -LdGetProp -Cache -L0 -a0

Adapter 0-VD 0(target id: 0): Cache Policy:WriteBack, ReadAheadNone,
Cached, No Write Cache if bad BBU
[root at m root]#
[root at m root]#
[root at m root]# MegaCli64 -LdSetProp Direct -L0 -a0

Set Cache Policy to Direct on Adapter 0, VD 0 (target id: 0) success
[root at m root]#
[root at m root]#
[root at m root]# MegaCli64 -LdGetProp -Cache -L0 -a0

Adapter 0-VD 0(target id: 0): Cache Policy:WriteBack, ReadAheadNone,
Direct, No Write Cache if bad BBU

--
Jeff Macfarland (jmacfarland at nexatech.com)
Nexa Technologies - 972.747.8879