Jumbo frames on PE 1950

christian.peper at kpn.com christian.peper at kpn.com
Mon Sep 22 03:22:44 CDT 2008

Matt,

I checked the web (google for "Broadcom NetXtreme II 5708 jumbo frame"
and Dell certifies support for Jumbo frames.

However, a bit further down I found this:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/faq_drivers.php

It says this (#39 in the FAQ):
Linux: Load the bcm5700 module using the mtu argument. Jumbo frames can
also be configured using ifconfig. Read the "Module Parameter" section
of the release.txt file for valid parameter ranges and further details.
View the ifconfig man page for help with ifconfig.

Or you may need more recent drivers than the one bundled with CentOS...
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtremeii.php

Hope this helps,
Chris.