PE2950 III & Xen crashiness

Paul M. Dyer pmdyer at ctgcentral2.com
Thu Sep 18 18:01:46 CDT 2008

I experienced some, i.e. many, crash problems with Xen on a 32bit Supermicro running RHEL 5.2 32bit.  The server was fairly old and weak, just 2GB of memory; it was all that I had.   I reduced the memory requirement for dom0, and for the domU's, and was able to control the problem mostly.   It seemed to be a lack of memory, a problem with the I/O of the hardware, or the 32bit kernel.

I also used Xen with RHEL 5.2 64bit on a home desktop AMD X2 3600, 3GB memory.   I did not have any crashes on that commodity machine.

Paul