Ubuntu 7.04 and PE SC1435

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Thu Sep 18 11:07:22 CDT 2008

Never rains, but it pours - three issues in one day.....

I installed OMSA on our servers yesterday. Turns out on eof them needed MB and DIMMs replaced. Engineer replaced them. We cleared the logs, Tests pass fine.

However, on startup of RHEL4u6, it hangs for ages Listening for NIS server. We are talking 15 mins plus here. I have left it now to see if it gets any further, but im just wondering does NIS take into account MACs etc?