Servers unable to connect to their own DRAC

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Sep 17 04:41:53 CDT 2008

David Duncan wrote :

> What version of IPMITool are you using?
> Have you looked over the howto for installing ipmitool + OpenIPMI on
> Debian? http://buttersideup.com/docs/howto/IPMI_on_Debian.html
> Is that relevant to your deployment?  Are you having difficulty using
> local serial access after loading the serial device?
>
> I think that everything you need for local access should be in that article.

I don't want local access, I want remote access using the DRAC's IP
address, which doesn't work from the server itself : One would think
this isn't an issue, but in my case it is for servers acting as
routers, since even "remote" accesses actually then come from the
server itself.

I really think this is a DRAC bug. Note sure how to report this to Dell
support nor escalate it if needed. I usually only deal with Dell
support for hardware failures ;-)

Matthias

Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) - Linux kernel 2.6.26.3-29.fc9.x86_64
Load : 0.08 0.06 0.07