megasas: Failed to copy out to user sense data - What it means, do i need to worry about?

Ram_Sevak at Dell.com Ram_Sevak at Dell.com
Tue Sep 16 01:11:43 CDT 2008

Could you please be specific about your hardware config? What megaraid/megasas driver version are you using? Posting dmesg will also help.
Were you trying to retrieve some info from your storage card when these messages appeared?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com [mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Torsten Krah
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 8:25 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: megasas: Failed to copy out to user sense data - What it means,do i need to worry about?

Hi.
I've seen this in my dmesg log 7 times in a row:

megasas: Failed to copy out to user sense data

What does this warning / error mean? Can i ignore it, is it critical? Does anybody know whats causing this, what it means and if i should do "something" - whatever this maybe ...

thx

--
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect."
	-- Linus Torvalds