Follow up on my previous post regarding bonding intel gig-ethernet NICs on Poweredge 2900-III

Peter Grandi pg_dlxpe at dlxpe.for.sabi.co.UK
Mon Sep 15 17:00:02 CDT 2008

> [ ... ] I have two Poweredge 2900-III servers connected to the
> same 2960 switch, each server has a 4Gb etherchannel (bond0)
> connection to the switch.  When I use iperf to test the
> transfer rates between the two systems it never goes above
> 944Mbps. [ ... ]

Have a look at these parts:

  http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt#358
  http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt#446
  http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt#586

If this sounds not what you want, there are some recent less
unreasonably priced 10Gb/s cards and switches (Myricom, SMC for
example).