Follow up on my previous post regarding bonding intel gig-ethernet NICs on Poweredge 2900-III

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Mon Sep 15 11:35:47 CDT 2008

                Hi there.

So as you all had predicted it was fairly easy to use the kernel bonding support to bond 4 Gig-E ports into an etherchannel connection under CentOS 5.2.

I have two Poweredge 2900-III servers connected to the same 2960 switch, each server has a 4Gb etherchannel (bond0) connection to the switch.

When I use iperf to test the transfer rates between the two systems it never goes above 944Mbps.

Does anyone have any advice or has anyone ever gotten this to work any better?

Thank you,
-Drew