omconfig cachepolicy

Andy Seubert andys at florapdx.com
Sat Sep 13 14:12:35 CDT 2008

I have a dell 2900 poweredge with a dell perc5i embedded controller,
with 2 connectors and 8 disks.
I want to improve write speeds and was attempting to enable the cache
policy with this command:

# omconfig storage vdisk action=changepolicy controller=0 vdisk=0
cachepolicy=c diskcachepolicy=enabled

I received this error:
Operation disabled. Read, action=changepolicy
.Refer to the documentation for more information.

Can anyone advise me as to specific documentation for this card and
which options it supports? I so far have only found very generic
documentation on the om commands for my card.
It seems also there is no internal alarm which is disappointing. Is
there a way to add one?
# omconfig storage controller action=enablealarm controller=0
Operation not supported. Read, action=enablealarm
Refer to the documentation for more information.

Thanks

Andy Seubert
503-522-8381