Unknown CD-ROM errors

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Fri Sep 12 07:18:41 CDT 2008

Colleagues,

I'm running CentOS 3, all nicely updated to latest kernel-hugemem and various
packages, in a PE 2400 and PE 6400.  For the past few couple of weeks, I been
getting the following errors every 5 minutes to stdout:

Sep 11 08:05:04 norwell kernel: hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04Aborted Command
Sep 11 08:00:04 norwell kernel: hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }

My take on it is that something is cauing the CD-ROM to be read, but since
there's no disc in the drive, I'm getting these errors (please correct me if
I'm wrong).  No issues on any other PEs running more recent versions of
CentOS.  I've posted the problem to a CentOS 3 forum, but have gotten no
response.

I'd appreciate any help in resolving the issue, since it's d*mn annoying!

Many thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.