MD1000 connected with two SAS cables in unified mode

Thu Sep 11 16:20:18 CDT 2008

This does not provide any fail over. Assuming that you have this
connected to a PERC, this can result in the PERC doing very odd things.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Ewing
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:53 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: MD1000 connected with two SAS cables in unified mode

> This configuration is a problem and results in many times in seeing
all
> luns 2 times.

That is what is confusing me. I expected to see two paths in
/proc/scsi/scsi
and two sets of devices in OpenManage but I dont.  I was wondering if
this
provided some kind of fail over facility. If not, I will get the second
cable
removed by our Dell service technician when we add more PERC cards and
arrays
next week.