PE2950 III & Xen crashiness

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Thu Sep 11 15:19:15 CDT 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Bill McGonigle wrote:

> I'm wondering if anybody is having either good or bad luck with
> PowerEdge 2950 Mark III machines and Xen.

I don't have a PE2950, but have a PE2900 (24 GB memory) with CentOS 5.2.
Drives are SATA, not SAS. There are about 30 domU's on it (mostly various
Linux distributions, but one Windows XP guest). It's been solid for the
three months that I have owned it.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"