md3000i - physical device but unconfigured...

Scott R. Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 10 15:40:58 CDT 2008

I'm sending this again since I received no responses the first time...

I was once able to get my new md3000i to be seen and partitioned with CentOS
5.0.  Since then, I've been unable to recreate that wonderful moment.  I've
reinstalled the OS on the PE2950 a few times to give myself a fresh start
for each attempt.

/var/log/messages shows Host 1 Target 0 Lun 0 is a physical device but an
Unconfigured Device

same for Host 2.

What is the magic to change this status to configured, and, then, hopefully
fdisk-able?

Thanks.

Scott