Migrating raid1 valumes from PERC 6/iR to PERC 5/i

Wed Sep 10 15:37:21 CDT 2008

Your title and your email don't exactly say the same thing so let me see
if I can cover all the cases:

SAS 5 to PERC 5  = This is supported.
SAS 5 to PERC 6  = This is supported.
SAS 5 to SAS 6   = This is supported.
SAS 6 to PERC 6  = This is supported.
SAS 6 to PERC 5  = This is not supported.
SAS 6 to SAS 5   = This is not supported.
PERC 5 to PERC 6 = This is supported.
PERC 5 to SAS 5  = This is not supported.
PERC 5 to SAS 6  = This is not supported.
PERC 6 to PERC 5 = This is not supported.
PERC 6 to SAS 5  = This is not supported.
PERC 6 to SAS 6  = This is not supported.

I don't think I missed anything. Essentially SAS => PERC is fine, 5 => 6
is fine, PERC => SAS is bad, and 6 => 5 is bad. You may get these to
work under some situations, but it isn't recommended or supported by
Dell.

I hope that answers your question.