Perc 4/Di, OMSA 5.4 on 2.6.26 not seeing controller

Desai, Jason jase at sensis.com
Mon Sep 8 17:48:40 CDT 2008

I can confirm the same problem with a Perc 4e/Si using kernel
2.6.26-bpo.1-686 and dellomsa 5.2.0-2.  But the controller works.  I
found that megactl from http://sourceforge.net/projects/megactl is able
to view the status of the Perc 4e/Si just fine.

I have a PERC 5/E in the same system which OMSA sees just fine.  If I
boot back into kernel 2.6.24-1-686, OMSA sees both controllers.  But in
2.6.25 and 2.6.26 OMSA seems to have issues seeing the Perc 4e/Si.  The
controller runs fine though.

Jase