Fwd: linux + firefox + drac 5 console = no go?

Brad Hein linuxbrad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 09:26:07 CDT 2008

That's so weird. I've been accessing DRAC cards without a problem for a
while now. We only had problems when trying to access DRAC via non-root
user, but other than that, it just works. Note that I'm running Fedora 8
distribution. Maybe your distro uses a slightly different version of FireFox
or its dependencies? What if you run the Fedora8 Live CD and run Firefox as
root, can you connect then?

Firefox version: 2.0.0.16, Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:
1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080715 Fedora/2.0.0.16-1.fc8 Firefox/2.0.0.16 pango-text