SLES10 SP2 on 2950 with a Perc6/iR raid controller

Ram_Sevak at Dell.com Ram_Sevak at Dell.com
Tue Sep 2 06:38:46 CDT 2008

Sorry, kernel-devel and kernel-header packages should suffice for dkms
build to succeed.

Regards
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Sevak, Ram
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 5:00 PM
To: 'jayson at dolphin-it.co.za'; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: RE: SLES10 SP2 on 2950 with a Perc6/iR raid controller

Hi Jayson,
You will have to build and then install the module into dkms tree also.
This can be done using command "dkms <build/install> -m <mptlinux> -v
<4.00.07.00> -k `uname -r`" in your case. Please ensure that you have
the kernel sources installed beforehand.
If this module installs correctly, "dkms status" command will show
mptlinux as installed. And "modinfo mptlinux" will show you the updated
module version.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Ram