No all RAM is seen by Linux

Jared list-dell at legroom.net
Sun Jun 29 15:14:01 CDT 2008

Hey, guys.  Sorry for the late response to this.  It was put on the back
burner for a while, but I wanted to let you know that I have the issue
resolved.  The cause?  I'm a complete dumb***.

I'm running Xen on this server.  Out of 8 GB total, I have 1 DB dedicated to
each of 2 guests, and 0.5 GB dedicated to a third.  The host reports that
it's only seeing 5.5 GB, and if we do the math...  yep, that checks out.

I thought about Xen possible causing the problem a bunch of times, but not
quite like that.  I mean, it certainly makes sense, but I guess I didn't
expect the total memory even seen by the host to drop like that, and
omreport's summary really made me think something was wrong.

Anyway, just wanted to follow up on this.  Thanks again for the suggestions,
and sorry it just ended up being a complete waste of time.

--
Jared