Extending Virtual Disk and LVM online.

Paul M. Dyer pmdyer at ctgcentral2.com
Fri Jun 27 17:24:00 CDT 2008

You could try this to get the new device size recognized.   If it doesn't work, then reboot will do it for you.

echo "scsi scan-new-devices" > /proc/scsi/scsi

partprobe is used for the situation where you have added partitions.

After you get fdisk to recognize the new size, the next step is to extend the ext3 filesystem:

ext2online /dev/sda6 (or whatever the partition number is)

ext2online works on mounted ext2/ext3 filesystems.

Paul