Antwort: Re: Antwort: Dell SNMP .mib files in Debian

Narendra_K at Dell.com Narendra_K at Dell.com
Tue Jun 24 06:47:29 CDT 2008

Hello,

I think setting the environment variable MIBS to ALL will help achieve
that.

With regards,
Narendra K

-----Original Message-----
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:56:16 +0200
From: heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Subject: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Dell SNMP .mib files in Debian
To: Bas Roos <broos at unet.nl>
Cc: linux-poweredge at dell.com

> Do you know if there is any way to make the snmp clients automatically
load all mib's, or at least these ones?
No!

But if someone has an idea (for redhat systems) please let me know! :)

Best regards,

Heiner Wulfhorst

Intermoves AG
Technologiepark 19
33100 Paderborn

* Tel.  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-0
* Fax  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-99
* mailto:heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de

Vorstand: Volker Herold
Aufsichtsratvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Uwe Kern Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Paderborn
Registergericht: Paderborn, HRB 3592

Bas Roos <broos at unet.nl>
24.06.2008 10:40

An
heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Kopie
linux-poweredge at dell.com
Thema
Re: Antwort: Dell SNMP .mib files in Debian

Heiner,

Thanks a lot, that indeed fixed my problem :-)

Do you know if there is any way to make the snmp clients automatically
load all mib's, or at least these ones?

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Bas Roos
Network Engineer

UNET B.V.
Landdrostdreef 100
1314 SK Almere
T. +31 36 8 45 45 45
F. +31 36 8 45 45 98
E. broos at unet.nl

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
06/24/2008 09:28 AM

Bas Roos <broos at unet.nl>
cc
linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject
Antwort: Dell SNMP .mib files in Debian

Hi!

Try                snmpwalk -m ALL -v 2c -c public ligeti
to load all MIBs.

Best regards,

Heiner Wulfhorst

Intermoves AG
Technologiepark 19
33100 Paderborn

* Tel.  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-0
* Fax  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-99

Gesendet von: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
23.06.2008 21:26

An
linux-poweredge at dell.com
Kopie

Thema
Dell SNMP .mib files in Debian

Dear List,

Now that we are talking about Dell, Debian and MIB's, I was hoping one
of you could help me with the following (I hope this is the right list
for
this):

I've downloaded the Dell MIBs from the Dell website (DCMIB54.exe), which
contains a bunch of .mib files. I've extracted these in
/usr/share/snmp/mibs on both my SNMP server and the server running my
SNMP

client, but it still doesn't seem to pick them up properly:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public ligeti
iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.dell
iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.dell: Unknown Object Identifier
(Sub-id not found: enterprises -> dell) snmpwalk -v 2c -c public ligeti
iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.674
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.674.10892.1.1.1.0 = INTEGER: 5
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.674.10892.1.1.2.0 = INTEGER: 8
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.674.10892.1.1.3.0 = INTEGER: 0 ... (a lot of
more lines)

All the installed mibs are being mentioned in
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index,

but when I strace the snmpwalk, I only see them being read once (the
first

time I've put them in the directory), and the next time(s) I run the
snmpwalk, they aren't even touched.

It would be really nice if someone could point me in the right direction
for this one.

E. broos at unet.nl