Linux-PowerEdge Digest, Vol 46, Issue 41

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Tue Jun 24 03:12:24 CDT 2008

Il Tuesday 24 June 2008 08:44:14 Michael_Christensen2 at dell.com ha scritto:
> None of the Perc controllers support JBOD, so if that's what you need,
> then take a look at SAS5/i and SAS6/i instead.
> The closest you would get with a Perc controller, is a bunch of single
> disk raid0 volumes, but you still wouldn't have direct access to the
> drives, the way you would with JBOD.

Thanks Michael,

Sorry, but I explained bad my question, I do NOT want to see the individual
disks, my question is:

If I create a raid 5 with the controller perc 5/i, during the installation of
debian I regularly see the array that I created, even if the controller is
not officially supported by Dell for Debian?

I ask this because with some controllers I have to create a raid through the
bios controller, but then the volume RAID was not seen by the operating
system. If I am not mistaken this type of controllers are called fake-raid.

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/