Antwort: Dell SNMP .mib files in Debian

heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de
Tue Jun 24 02:28:14 CDT 2008

Hi!

Try             snmpwalk -m ALL -v 2c -c public ligeti
to load all MIBs.

Best regards,

Heiner Wulfhorst

Intermoves AG
Technologiepark 19
33100 Paderborn

* Tel.  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-0
* Fax  + 49 (0) 52 51 16 13-99
* mailto:heiner.wulfhorst at intermoves.de

Vorstand: Volker Herold
Aufsichtsratvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Uwe Kern
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht: Paderborn, HRB 3592

Bas Roos <broos at unet.nl>
Gesendet von: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
23.06.2008 21:26

An
linux-poweredge at dell.com
Kopie

Thema
Dell SNMP .mib files in Debian

Dear List,

Now that we are talking about Dell, Debian and MIB's, I was hoping one of
you could help me with the following (I hope this is the right list for
this):

I've downloaded the Dell MIBs from the Dell website (DCMIB54.exe), which
contains a bunch of .mib files. I've extracted these in
/usr/share/snmp/mibs on both my SNMP server and the server running my SNMP

client, but it still doesn't seem to pick them up properly:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public ligeti
iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.dell
iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.dell: Unknown Object Identifier
(Sub-id not found: enterprises -> dell)
snmpwalk -v 2c -c public ligeti
iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.674
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.674.10892.1.1.1.0 = INTEGER: 5
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.674.10892.1.1.2.0 = INTEGER: 8
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.674.10892.1.1.3.0 = INTEGER: 0
... (a lot of more lines)

All the installed mibs are being mentioned in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index,

but when I strace the snmpwalk, I only see them being read once (the first

time I've put them in the directory), and the next time(s) I run the
snmpwalk, they aren't even touched.

It would be really nice if someone could point me in the right direction
for this one.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Bas Roos
Network Engineer

UNET B.V.
Landdrostdreef 100