Linux-PowerEdge Digest, Vol 46, Issue 41

Michael_Christensen2 at Dell.com Michael_Christensen2 at Dell.com
Tue Jun 24 01:44:14 CDT 2008

None of the Perc controllers support JBOD, so if that's what you need,
then take a look at SAS5/i and SAS6/i instead.
The closest you would get with a Perc controller, is a bunch of single
disk raid0 volumes, but you still wouldn't have direct access to the
drives, the way you would with JBOD.

//Michael

   3. PERC 5/i on Debian etch (Alessio Cecchi)

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:54:49 +0200
From: Alessio Cecchi <alessio at skye.it>
Subject: PERC 5/i on Debian etch
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com

Hello,

I intend to buy two servers PE 2970 but let me know if the controller
PERC
5/i, configured in RAID 5 with 3 disks SAS + 1 spare, it is compatible
with
Debian Etch with the original kernel 2.6.18-x.

My concern is to see at installation individual discs instead of logical

volume RAID 5.

Thanks
--
Alessio Cecchi is: