No all RAM is seen by Linux

Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com Patrick_Fischer at Dell.com
Wed Jun 18 08:05:37 CDT 2008

The Pe 2950 doesn't have such a feature. No changes for redundant memory
can be set.
Further idea which fixes the same issue on ESX:
- mixed memory modules in the server with different sizes
- POST and Server Admin shows correct values but ESX not
- Root Cause: the smaller dims were placed in the first banks and the
larger in the later ones
- change it that the larger dims are in bank 1 and the smaller in the
other/last banks ESX recognize the dimm's correct
- Note: in this server the memory must installed in identical pairs

This helps?

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Jared
Sent: Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2008 08:21
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: No all RAM is seen by Linux

It's a 2950, purchased last November.  I'm not really sure if it
supports
the features you suggested.  I looked through the BIOS a few times, but
never same anything that seems like it'd be related to this (but then
again,
if I knew what WAS causing it, there'd be no problem to begin with).

Are there any specific BIOS options that I can check for this?

--
Jared