No all RAM is seen by Linux

Aaron dell at microchp.org
Wed Jun 18 04:28:24 CDT 2008

I have several dozen 2950's running CentOS4/32bit regular smp kernel,
some have 16GB Ram, the rest have 8GB.  All of them can see all of their
memory, no problem.  I am also running CentOS5 on some of them.  Same
deal.  Unless you changed something in the BIOS specifically, then I
seriously doubt it has anything to do wtih BIOS settings.  To rule that
out, you could boot up on any live distro (knoppix, ubuntu, CentOS,
several others) and see if the memory shows up for them.  Even more
specifically, you could boot up in memtest on the live distros that have
it.  If someone may have changed something in the BIOS, then you may
wish to put it back to factory defaults.

Aaron