Power Management for PowerEdge 1400SC

Paniraja_KM at Dell.com Paniraja_KM at Dell.com
Tue Jun 17 23:34:07 CDT 2008

Please see if the "alarm" is set in the machine (cat /proc/acpi/alarm)

If it is set, reset it with  echo "0000-00-00 00:00:00" >
/proc/acpi/alarm and then check if the machine still wakes up after 12
hours.

Thanks
- Pani

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Kevin
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:56 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Power Management for PowerEdge 1400SC

I have a PowerEdge 1400SC running Debian Linux. When I shut down the
machine, it inevitably powers itself back on after 12 hours. In my case,
I'd rather have it stay off. I've looked through the BIOS settings
several times, and I don't see anything relevant to power management at
all. I can always unplug the machine, but it's an annoyance when I
forget and it powers up by itself. Anyone know how to change this?