Need help with up2date for Dell Linux repository

Le, Quang (NIH/NLM/LHC) [E] qle at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jun 17 16:14:56 CDT 2008

I am having problem of setup up2date for Dell Linux repository through
Proxy server.   The setup hang at "Installing platform-specific
repository RPM."  Below is the entire transaction:

[root at lexsrv2 /tmp]$ setenv http_proxy lhc-pub-proxy.nlm.nih.gov:3128

[root at lexsrv2 /tmp]$ wget -q -O -
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/bootstrap.cgi | bash

Downloading GPG key:
http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-dell

    Importing key into RPM.

Downloading GPG key:
http://linux.dell.com//repo/hardware/RPM-GPG-KEY-libsmbios

    Importing key into RPM.

Installing platform-independent RPM:
dell-hw-indep-repository-1-15.noarch.rpm

Installing platform-specific repository RPM.

http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/mirrors.pl?osname=el4&basearch=i386&
repo_config=$repo_config&dellsysidpluginver=$dellsysidpluginver

+++

I don't have setup problem with machines do not go through Proxy server.
I also confirmed with security administrator that the Proxy server has
the right domain and IP address for Dell.com.  I had verified with
manual wget.

Thanks for your help,

Q. Le